The mission of the Swanton Public Library is to provide quality resources, services, and programs to promote intellectual curiosity and lifelong learning, while serving as a community hub for information, cultural diversity, and public engagement.
The Library was established in 1899 by a town vote, with the building in which it is housed erected in 1915 on land donated for that purpose.
The Library was the personal project of the Golden Rule Circle of the King's Daughters and Sons - a charitable group which formed the first reading room in the Corner House on the corner of First St. and Grand Ave. The Corner House burned down, and the King's Daughter and Sons went to raising money for the establishment of a new public library.
This History of the Swanton Library is a work in progress.