Library Clerk (Part Time)
The Swanton Public Library is seeking an enthusiastic Library Clerk (part-time) to join our team of enthusiastic librarians!
Duties would entail attending to the circulation desk, participating in library programs and events, and assisting in general operations.
- Over 18.
- Have at least a high school diploma.
- Willing to spearhead the occasional workshop or event.
- Tech literate (we get a lot of computer questions).
- Courteous and proactive.
- Enjoy working with the public.
- Interested in reading and learning (we are a library, after all).
- Be able to lift at least 25 lbs. (books are heavy).
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Experience managing online calendars and event marketing.
- Willing to work with children.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com. In the cover letter, in addition to explicating how awesome you are, tell us a.) what would excite you about working at a library, and b.) a book that has had an impact on you in your life (we are a library, after all).
Library Director (Full Time)
The Swanton Public Library is hiring a new director to manage its day to day operations as well furthering the strategic mission of the library. Duties will involve community engagement, program development, budget review and oversight, fundraising, and staff management. We are searching for a candidate with robust experience in community engagement, fundraising, program coordination, and staff management.
- A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- Experience managing a team.
- ALA-accredited MLIS degree.
- 2 years working in a library environment.
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience. A letter of interest, a resume, and references should be sent to the Swanton Public Library Board of Trustees, c/o firstname.lastname@example.org.